Sunday, September 25, 2011

Some happy moments in motherhood

There are some days that by the time the kids are in bed at night (or several hours beforehand) I think I have a negative number of brain cells left in my head. And then there are other days, like today, when after the kids are in bed all I can do is smile as I think about the cute and sweet things each one of them said and did today. So I thought it important I write down these cute things so when I have another one of those rough days in being a mother, I can look back and smile at these cute things.

Kelston has been having a rough time with teething lately. But in his happy moments, I just smile watching him enjoy all the little things in life that most of us don't even notice. He wants to explore everything and follow Jazlyn and Matsen around everywhere. He snuggled with me today for longer than he ever has in all of his life combined which just melted my heart. He also was hiding in a cupboard and poking out his head saying "Boo" for the first time. It was the cutest thing! I also just adore his baby laugh.

Matsen gives the best hugs! He will spontaneously say, "I love Kelkon. I love Jazwyn. I love mommy. I love daddy." It's so sweet! Tonight as I was making dinner he asked what I was making and I told him blueberry pancakes, to which he responded in his cute high-pitched voice: "Blueberries! I love blueberries! I love pancakes!" I know this is cute to no one else but me but the way he said it and how he got excited over something so simple was adorable.

Jazlyn was in her room with the door closed for quite awhile today, which usually means she's working on some kind of top-secret project. The type I get reprimanded for if I open her door and ask what she's doing before she's finished. So I let her do her thing and tonight she showed me so proudly that she was copying down one of her workbooks for Matsen to do word-for-word so he'll have a workbook to do of his own. It was so sweet!! On the first page she wrote, "Matsen thes is yor ferst werebook ples werk on it avry day. Love, Jazlyn" Translation: "Matsen, this is your first workbook please work on it every day." Oh, she is so sweet!
I thank Heavenly Father every night for the blessing of being the mother of these three sweet angels and pray I can be the kind of mother He would have me be.

12 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

It is so good that you have recorded these sweet things. They will become dearer and dearer to you as the years go by.

Christy Wheeler said...

We must always remember the sweet times to get us through the hard ones!

jamie t. said...

Savor the sweet!

Lindsey said...

What a bunch of cute kiddos! Those sweet moments make everything so worth it! You are such a good Mommy!

Adrianna said...

I like my kids best when they are sleeping too. :) It's really good of you to document this kind of thing- these are the moments so easily forgotten.

Jenelle said...

I needed to read a post like this. Thank you so much for sharing! I loved all the cute things they said and did - adorable!

Russ Larsen said...

Good for you for looking for the "cute" things your kids did. Sometimes when everyone is screaming and whining its hard to do that. They are precious though and I miss you guys being young sometimes with your simple faith and love. I love you, Mom

Monica said...

That is a great idea to write these types of things down! Kids can be so sweet and loving but it is hard to remember when it has been a rough day.

Saratoga Six said...

What a lucky mother you are! Such sweet kids!

Tiera said...

Good idea to write them down! Then you can go back and read them when you have those not-so-great days.

Lisa said...

Your kids are adorable. You are such a good mom

bugnose7 said...

What a great reminder to find joy in the journey.