Just to break up the normal format of my blog, I thought I'd let you peek in at the silly and frustrating day-to-day events in our lives. It started this morning when Matsen woke up at 6:30 (usually it's at least 7:15-7:30). I was asked to play for choir practice today, so I got ready for that. During the practice, someone mentioned something about the choir singing today, to which I said, "Oh? You're singing today? And I'm playing for you?" I only remember hearing that I was playing for choir practice, so I had not done more than just run through the song once. But it wasn't too difficult, so I hoped it'd be ok. I got home in time to make lunch really quick for my family before my young women came over for a planning meeting. After that was finished, I had time to run through my song really quick before church. I was also teaching a lesson in young women's today, so I was busy getting my stuff together for that. As I left the house I kept thinking I was forgetting something, but couldn't think what it was (we did have the kids with us, thankfully). Half way to church, I remembered it was the choir music I had forgotten. But I knew there would be extra copies at church, so I didn't think it would be any big deal. At church, I got the music binder. Matsen had 2 screaming fits before church even started, so Wes went in the hall to get him to fall asleep (remember he was up at 6:30). Wes came back in the chapel a little before it was my turn to go up to play the piano. I get up to the piano and open the binder and guess what. It is not the accompaniment, or the piano's part, it's just the parts to the song. So I walk over to the conductor to find out that, sure enough, I had the only copy of the piano's part, which is at home. We stand there for a minute with everyone in the chapel just looking at us, I'm sure wondering what is going on. Then she decided they'd just sing a capella (without the music). So I sat down and gave them their starting notes. Then I closed the binder and just sat there and listened. They were actually doing great. Then they got to the key change and the director looked at me to play their notes to cue them. I forgot about the key change so they're standing there waiting for a minute for me to find the notes to cue them. Finally it's over so I can sit back down, where Wes is holding both of the boys, because Matsen is asleep. Wes points to my khaki skirt and asks what's on it. Chocolate all over--from a granola bar Kelston had been eating. Great. Then Kelston starts screaming and I'm searching frantically for his binky. We finally find it and I get up to leave the chapel, even though I just sat down, because Kelston's disrupting everyone. He calmed down as soon as I left the chapel, but I wasn't taking any chances of getting in and out of the bench again. Whew!!!
But things got better from there. My lesson went pretty well and then when we got home from church Wes pointed out that there was more chocolate on my bottom. Great, so when I was standing up on the stand with my back to everyone talking to the choir director I have chocolate all over my bum, which I'm sure didn't look like chocolate.
For those of you who are still reading, thanks for bearing with me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a screaming baby in the other room..............
13 comments:
Its nice to be able to look back on these days and laugh. I recall some like this also & sometimes even wondered why I went to church that day.
You forgot to mention to everyone that your church doesn't start until 2:00 in the afternoon.
Hang in there--I think you're awesome! Love you, Mom
What a day! You sure got me laughing just reading about all the chocolate all over your skirt :)
Ha ha you poor thing! This made me laugh out loud he he! But just so you know you are a great Mommy, keep up the great work, your kids will appreciate it someday...maybe lol!
Kristy! Worst day EVER! Poor girl! ...And I hate to tell you that I laughed the whole way through... :)
It's good to know that we aren't the only ones who have crazy moment especially during sacrament meeting. I didn't know you had a YW calling. I serve in YW's too.
That was so funny!!! I too am guilty of laughing all the way throught that story. Picturing you with chocolate bum...priceless. Thanks for reminding me how fun it is to be mom!!!
Sorry about the rough Sunday! I'm glad its over... And, Ry wakes up at 6:30 every day which is why life is so hard with the nap thing. I did just get blackout curtains and I think they're working a little!
Yup, I totally understand :) I bet not as many people noticed the chocolate as you think. Thanks for sharing your crazy day!
I can't help but smile because I have totally done that! Just the other day I was talking to a huge group and none of them pointed out that I had spit up all over me. Being a parent is tough. I need to remember not to try to do anything else also. :)
Oh, kristy. What a frustrating day. Bed time just doesn't come fast enough on days like that.
This was hilarious and so, so common in my years ago. I loved it. Don't get discouraged but be sure and save this one in your permanent journal.
Kristy you poor girl! We all have super awkward days like that. You deserve a break! Glad to hear it all went ok in the end.
Good job making it through the day. I hate days like that and they happen more than I would like.
Post a Comment