Sunday, October 24, 2010

Where'd October go?

I can't believe it's been a whole month since I've posted. I've had a memory in my head the past few weeks of a conversation with a friend (with 4 kids) who told me about 4 1/2 years ago to enjoy the pace of life then. And now, I know what she's talking about. Back with one child, life was so much simpler and we just hung out at home every night and weren't rushing here, there, everywhere. Lately all I feel like I do is rush from place to place. Between being a mother of 3, teaching piano, church responsibilities, kid's activities and play dates, doctor appointments, and everything else, I'm wishing for a couple of extra hours at the end of each day to unwind and to keep my house in some kind of order.
However, I am truly enjoying this phase in my life, despite the craziness. I do just wish I could find my brain. I think some pieces of it have fallen out and I've become quite scatterbrained. Anyways, enough of my ramblings. The first picture was an amazing moment in time. The kids were all playing together nicely one morning while I got ready for the day and I had to capture that this moment happened (ie. they weren't fighting or screaming about something).

A couple of days ago we went to the pumpkin patch with some friends for a little field trip. Matsen LOVED the little train ride. Unfortunately, you can't really tell that from the picture. It's hard to get a good shot of everyone.









Even though I haven't posted lately, I've enjoyed reading all of your blogs. It's fun to see what everyone else is up to. Happy Autumn everyone!

7 comments:

NicoleD said...

I know that the older Liz gets the more busy I get...I can't imagine doing it with 3 kids! Looks like a fun day at the pumpkin patch!

Adrianna said...

I'm so glad someone else's brain is losing grey matter at an alarming rate- I swear I don't know how I manage to get by sometimes! :) Your kiddos playing nicely together is such a nice picture. I'm glad they are good for you on occasion. ;)

Lisa said...

Being the mother of 3 sure is busy! We'd sure have fun together if we lived closer. You're kiddos are SO cute. Have a fun Halloween!

Monica said...

Busy, busy, busy! Thus is life! I am glad you have had a good month! We are also doing well, but busy. I am also scatter-brained most the time! Cute kids!

Rachel said...

I feel like part of youe stress sometimes. When I read "playdates" I thought of all ours! I am going to let you lay low on Tues. mornings since the PM is so busy!!! You know whats better than reading your blog? Spending time with you. So, while you haven't posted in 1 month (!!!), I didn't even notice (although I always read). Let's continue to enjoy the crazy times together my friend!

janc@mac.com said...

Looks like a beautiful fall there. Your children are growing up too fast. Tell Jazlynn hello from Aunt Jan.

Saratoga Six said...

Darling pictures Kristy! It is so tough to have 3 kids not yet in school, one of them being a baby. I really think I gave my energy and brains to my kids. I love that picture of you with your kids and the pretty landscape behind. Darling picture of your new baby in the next post too!