Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Grand Adventures

**Warning: Picture overload**

Wes had the past week off of work, so we decided to be brave and take a road trip to Utah and Idaho and visit some family. It was a lot of fun!! Granted, there were times all of us were very ready to be out of the car, but I'm so glad we went. It was lots of fun to see everyone. We were so rushed for time there that we didn't get to see everyone, so sorry to those of you we missed! I was proud of myself for taking as many pictures as I did (usually I bring my camera and it gets left in the car the whole time). However, there were lots of people who I missed getting pictures with.
One of our first stops was the Visitor Center at Temple Square in Salt Lake City. This was one of Jazlyn's favorite spots. She especially loved the Christus, the statue of Jesus Christ. Matsen, however, was so full of energy after sitting in the car for 2 days that he was trying to climb on the statue and was running around being about the craziest I've ever seen him. After an hour or two of chasing him from one thing to the next, we buckled him into the stroller, much to his dismay. The next day we went to the store and got him a "leash." Poor guy, it's rough to be so curious and energetic and busy and have to have restrictions on your explorations!








We got to stop and see Lindsey, Tyrel, and Tytyn for a little bit at their new place, which was fun. These two boy cousins are going to be little buds someday!




The kids and I got to meet Wes' half sister and her family for the first time. They made us a nice dinner and it was fun to get to know them.




My cousin Crystal and I



Our cute boys who got along much better this time than last time. They're also going to be buddies.



It was great to see my grandparents again and fun for them to meet our new little Kelston guy.








We also got to visit our old colleges. Wes hadn't been back to BYU or BYU-Idaho since he went there and wanted to see all of the changes. We spontaneously decided to hike the Y in Provo which was quite an experience carrying two boys to the top. We built up some major leg and arm muscles! But after enjoying the amazing ice cream which they serve in large quantities at the creamery, we definitely needed to hike some of it off!


Matsen was cracking me up with his hands in his pockets.
It was a fun trip, but after a week of traveling, it's great to be home!

12 comments:

Adrianna said...

You ARE brave! What a trip! Glad you guys had fun! It was funny, all of us talking at the Labor Day BBQ on how no one knew you guys were leaving and what a mystery it all was. ;)

Russ Larsen said...

I'm so glad you got to go on a little trip and the kids were better than you thought they'd be. Good job on all the pictures!! You'll treasure these trips in the years to come. Love you, Mom

Blogful said...

Sounds like so much fun! And for the record, that was not picture overload. Bring it on! I love seeing more pictures of your family and adventures.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the pics! I especially like the ones of your grandparents... They look so proud! We've never made the trip but I can't wait to see it all someday.

janc@mac.com said...

Those pictures with the grandparents will become priceless in years to come. It looks like a great vacation. Kelston looks so chubby and grown up already. It seems like he should still be a newborn.

Saratoga Six said...

What a fun trip! You know I have always wanted to hike my boys to the Y and now you've given me courage to do it. Thanks!

Monica said...

I am glad you had a great trip. I wish I had known you were hear. I know it is hard to see everyone when you go places, but I would have loved to see you!

Delina said...

I loved the pictures. It felt like we got to go with you, but without the hard parts!
I love reading your blog.

Tiera said...

Glad you had a good trip!

bugnose7 said...

Sorry we didn't get to see you but we understand how tight things can be. Your family is so beautiful.

bugnose7 said...

Sorry we didn't get to see you. Your family is so beautiful.

Lisa said...

That is a big trip with 3 little kids. Looks like a lot of fun.