It has been brought to my attention that a certain member of our family has not had much blog time. So I thought I'd recognize some of the great things that Wes has been doing lately. Last Saturday we got 3 yards of bark dust and spruced up the yard. It was lots of work and we were all completely exhausted by the end, but Wes did the hardest work and it looks great now! (Sorry, no before and after pictures). He's also been working on helping some of his relatives with his/their family history website, and it's coming along really well. We're grateful he works hard for us and even pitches in and helps with the dishes.
I'm teaching Jazlyn's preschool this week, so I've been busy getting ready for that. Matsen is picking up a few new words here and there, which is super exciting, since he has been a little behind in his speech. What he doesn't say, he certainly makes up for with facial expressions and sounds though!
Jazlyn discovered a snake in our yard late this afternoon. As some of you may know, I am EXTREMELY terrified of snakes. I've managed to keep my reactions to them a little bit under control (this is relative) since I've become a mom, so hopefully my kids don't pick up this phobia. Wes was just coming home from work when the snake was spotted, so Jazlyn showed him where it was. Then Wes and Matsen watched as it slithered in a little crack underneath our house. And Wes so kindly pointed out that he hopes there are no holes in the vents that it can slip through. Me being just a *little bit neurotic * about this promptly made sure that all of the heating vents are closed downstairs, so Mr. Snake will not make it's way through a vent into our house. Heaven only knows what would happen if I found him in our house. I think there'd be one passed out pregnant lady needing some help..........
9 comments:
I certainly hope Mr. Snake doesn't make it in the house, too. I seem to recall being on the other end of a telephone conversation when a WORM was spotted downstairs at your house...my eardrums have FINALLY recovered from the squealing :)
Sorry, but Daddies just aren't as cute as the kiddos, so they get sidelined on the blogs... And (to help you sleep better) I doubt the snake would make it into a vent, they seal them pretty well. If he can, then you probably have some serious heat-loss issues!
Okay, that was me, not Doug. Having him home on my computer is seriously cramping my style! GO BACK TO WORK! :)
thanks for sharing... I had no idea! All I have to say is, check your washer- I can fill you in later!
What a funny story. I'm glad Jazlyn was so calm about it. Truly snakes are our friends -- OUTSIDE!
I would hate to find a snake in my house.
I once found some snake skin in my house and worried that a snake had moved in. Luckily I found out that one of my boys had just found the skin outside and brought it in.
I wish I could get a video tape of when you find the snake in the house...
I feel for you, Im scared to death of snakes. Even joking about them coming through vents is horrible!
Post a Comment