Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our fun day with Grandma

Thanks everyone for your congratulations. Monday my mom came and spent the day with us. The kids just adore Grandma, and of course she adores them too. How could you not? My mom always spoils us rotten. It was especially nice to have her go get Matsen out of bed in the morning and lay there a few extra minutes. We also got to have a girl's night out and my mom took Jazlyn and I to see The Princess and the Frog. It was cute, except for the scary guy and I was worried he was going to make Jazlyn have nightmares again (she's been having lots lately). She got to be a big girl and stay out way past bedtime. It was her first trip to the movies (except for once when she was 2), so it was pretty exciting. Plus, we were the only ones in the theater! Here's some cute pictures my mom took while she was here. Unfortunately, we don't have any shots of her, since she was the one taking the pictures. Thanks for coming, Mom!




11 comments:

Russ Larsen said...

Beautiful kids. Glad you guys had a great time. You deserve to be spoiled!
Love, Dad (Papa)

Melissa said...

I just wanted to leave my heartfelt congrats on baby #3! And my slight jealousy in getting spoiled by grandma. Gotta love 'em. So fun! BTW, I love that last picture of the kids together. I can never get a good shot of both. Miss ya!

Caity said...

Matsen has such light hair! They are both adorable! Grandma's really are the best. Every time my mom comes my kids only want her.

Emma has been having bad dreams too! I really don't know what is going on. The movies she watches aren't nearly as scary as my parents let me watch when I was little (thankfully). She asks me to say a prayer for her every night so she doesn't have them and afterward she doesn't have any more (which is really cool). Anywho, I hope you're feeling good!

clairy said...

I just got caught up with your blog and saw your fetus widget! Congrats! Your kids get cuter and cuter each day. I hope pregnancy is being easy on you, since you have 2 little ones to chase after also!

btw- I just answered your question in my blog!

bugnose7 said...

Matsen has the most beautiful blue eyes ever.

Crystal said...

Can I come have a girl's night with you guys?

Lisa said...

Oh, it is great having someone around that loves your kids so much and wants to be with them. Moms are the best.

Heather said...

I just saw your ticker today, and thought id be funny if we had our kids the same day! How exciting! How are you feeling?! (and I think my black shirt hides how big I might actually be!)

Is Jazlyn starting kindergarten this year?

Maren said...

your kids are always so cute. so fun to have your mom around for awhile.

hey- could you send me that half marathon guide that you used? you can just email me at heyvanilla(at)gmail(dot)com.

miss ya!

janc@mac.com said...

I just returned from a "Grandma Week." It's the best being there to enjoy the grandchildren and create special memories with them. That's a Grandma's point of view.

Monica said...

Grandmother's are the best! It has been really nice living closer to my mom. I did comment on your previous baby post but I will congratulate you again! Life with my four kids can be crazy but I love my kids!