Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas is almost here! Lately we've been doing a lot of Christmas baking, but other than that we've been taking it pretty easy--except for poor Wes who has been working a ton. The kids have been in several photo shoots trying to get that "perfect" picture of them in their Christmas outfits. If you have a busy 1 1/2 year old, you know that this is no easy task. I had to crop this picture of Matsen's mischievious face, which is just the cutest thing ever. Despite the fact that he is constantly into something, his smile just melts my heart everytime. It's so hard to be stern with him sometimes.
This was one of the best shots of the kids though--compliments of my mother. Bribery with M&Ms works wonders (if you look closely, you can see them holding their loot).

And here's our lovely gingerbread house. It actually didn't turn out too bad, for its rough beginnings. Jazlyn thought this was the best thing ever. She's at such a fun age and is SOOOO excited about Christmas, crafts, projects, and anything fun. Every day it's, "Mom what are we going to do fun today?" Unfortunately, most days there are not fun things like this. I guess that makes her appreciate the fun things more, right?

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas! And don't be offended that there's no Christmas card from us in the mail. I've thought about it, but it just hasn't happened.....

5 comments:

Caity said...

Ditto. Don't be offended if there is no Christmas card from us too :)

Sounds like your season has been a lot like ours too. Fun stuff, lots of cookies, but not every day. A lot of days tanner will say, "Hey, we didn't do anything fun today." He's so funny.

Cute pictures of the kids. It's tricky, huh?

Melissa said...

Yeah, I'm totally offended by not getting the christmas card:) Hope you guys have a wonderful christmas!

Tiera said...

Did you get the gingerbread kit from Costco? It looks just like ours!

Saratoga Six said...

Cute pictures and I know what you mean. Threats and bribes are the only way! I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

Lisa said...

Your kids are adorable. I can see how those faces make you melt