Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Grateful Post

This weekend has been [mostly] wonderful. Wes and I went to Seaside with the kids on Friday night and hung out with Wes' parents and his aunts and uncles. We had a great time. Unfortunately, it was a short trip--24 hours--and Jazlyn kept saying, "I'm having a hard time leaving." She loves being with her grandparents.
Today was our ward's primary program. For those of you who don't know what this is, once a year all of the children ages 4-12 put on the program and church instead of listening to adults speak. They sing lots of songs and each child has a short speaking part depending on their age. Being 4, this was Jazlyn's first year to be in it and she was quite ambivalent about her speaking part. Her part was "When we have Jesus Christ as our foundation, we can be a forever family." She knew her part pat. Three different people (not me, though), bribed her with treats/gifts if she said her part. In the end, that didn't make the difference though. She is petrified of being in front of big groups of people and wouldn't say her part. This wasn't a huge shocker to me though, I was 99% sure it would turn out this way. But that's okay. She did great singing though, and we tried not to make a big deal out of her lack of speaking. The first song the children sang was "My eternal family" and I cried through the whole song. I felt the Holy Ghost so strong and knew that these pure children sang the truth. I love this song!! Here is a link to listen to it:http://www.lds.org/cm/display/0,17631,7206-1,00.html
My parents came down to watch the program, and it was fun to see them, even though Jazlyn only saw them for a couple of hours. Again, she was very sad when they left and kept saying they weren't here long enough. Thankfully, we'll get to see our families again in a few days for Thanksgiving.
I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father and His love that I have felt so much in my life, including today. I know that He loves each of us, and as it says in the song I just mentioned, "God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be. This is how He shares His love. For the family is of God." I know this is true! I love my family so much and even though family life can be tough, it is such a blessing and I especially would not trade being a mom for any money, fame, or anything. It is one of the greatest blessings! I'm so grateful for my good husband Wes. We just celebrated our six year anniversary, and things are good! You learn so many important lessons as the years go by. I love Jazlyn and Matsen so much and couldn't be happier staying home with and taking care of them everyday. What little sweethearts they are! If you have read this whole post, bless you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

It is amazing how strong the spirit is when the kids sing- especially when your own are up there essentially singing to you. I'm glad you had a good week with your anniversary, the beach, and the program, and we will think of you guys over the holiday since we are ever so grateful to be your friends! Have a safe trip and a good time with all your siblings adn otehr family.

jamie t. said...

You had a busy week-end! Anna didn't want to say her part either. It took a lot of encouraging before she said it.

I also have to say I think I got chocked up everytime the kids would sing/practice the family is of God in primary. Such powerful words that are so true!

Adrianna said...

You're so cute... My offer still stands for this Saturday if you want.

janc@mac.com said...

I read it and enjoyed it very much. I miss Jazlynn and our singing time together. Wish her a Happy Thanksgiving from Aunt Jan.

Dangcutekids said...

Congratulations on six years!! You're kids are so smart and so close to the spirit. Can't believe they're growing up so fast!

Lisa said...

Those primary programs are even better when you see your own child preform.