Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miracles still happen

What a crazy couple of weeks!! The week before last was one we won't forget. Wes and I have never worked so physically hard in our lives. After a couple of days of tearing out carpet, pulling staples and painting on our own, we soon realized that there was no way we would be able to paint the whole house by ourselves in 4 days (our deadline before the carpet was put scheduled to be put in and we had to be out of our apartment by Sat). Anyways, we weren't planning on having people help us, but realized that in order for us to go on the time line we had, we had to ask for help. I have never been so overcome with gratitude before. I probably called fifteen people and everyone I called to ask help paint came (not all at the same time). It was so amazing to see how much faster things happened with so many helping hands. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who pitched in and helped--you know who you are!!! We appreciated it so much!! Our poor kids thought I abandoned them for several days while I painted like crazy. But fortunately both of their grandmas took turns coming for a few days at a time and helped take care of the kids. That was so wonderful!!
Jazlyn LOVES our new house, especially her cute room. Her room is super cute and is the only room completely done right now. As soon as the rest of the house gets finished unpacking, I will post some before and after pictures. I love the carpet and paint--they turned out great! Surprisingly, Matsen is seeming to have a harder time adjusting to the move than Jazlyn. This is a HUGE shocker to me. He wants me to hold him and be right there with him all of the time. I think the bigger house makes him scared because he can't see me all of the time now if I'm in a different room than him. He's been way fussier than normal (plus he's teething).
This week has been super busy too, not just with unpacking, but with scrubbing! I've cleaned more in the past two weeks than I ever have. Since this house was a foreclosure, the previous owners didn't care about leaving it in great shape. The bathrooms and kitchen were very dirty, but are looking much better now. My poor hands are suffering though.
Our new ward seems really nice. Unfortunately church is at 8:30 AM now, which is awfully early!!! We loved the Quatama ward so much though and will miss seeing everyone there! Thanks so much for all of your help. We are close by, so give us a call!

11 comments:

runningfan said...

So glad you're getting settled. And how fun to have the whole house painted! Wow -- that's a major accomplishment. One benefit to moving close by...friends can help!

Lisa said...

congrats on the house! you must be loving the extra space! can't wait to see pictures. i put up a video tour of my house on my blog. we've been here 3 weeks now and we're just loving it. we're still decorationg, but that's fun 'cuz the deep cleaning is done!

jamie t. said...

I am glad that you are feeling more settled. I can't wait to come over and see all your hard work!!

Rachel said...

It may not have been fun for you, but I had fun visiting! It's kind of crazy how things are so busy it's hard to get together but when measures call, the time was there... And do you want to know why, because you guys we up working so late during my play time! Seriously, those hours are when I am the most available in between assignments! So, if you want to hang out at night, those are the perfect hours for me. Maisey is dying to come over and I'm dying to see the carpet! We're going to drop in soon.

Lisa said...

kristy... i left you another message on my blog post that you commented on. just thought i'd tell ya ;)

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

I'm glad you were able to get some help. That is great! Painting takes a long time and boy do your arms get tired. I can't wait to see more pics. Congrats again on the house.

Carroll Conversations said...

We're going to miss you in the Quatama ward. I'm glad you're not too far away and hopefully we'll still see you at park days, etc. Congrats on all the hard work with the house. Can't wait to see pics.

Melissa said...

Isn't moving so much fun!? I just wish I was one of those to have helped you paint (and you know I would have:) Good luck with all the rest! Love ya!

Saratoga Six said...

Congrats on the new house and all the hard work! That is so wonderful. Please do email your new address and information. Get well soon, hands!

janc@mac.com said...

So glad you're in. We hope it will be a home with happy experiences and the Spirit present in abundance.

Crystal said...

That was really cool that so many people came to help. I am very excited to see pictures of it.