Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What a week!

Is it only Wednesday??! This week has seemed to drag on and on. So poor Jazlyn has an ear infection (or more like poor mommy). She's had it for a whole week now! I admit I am not the most patient person, but I think I've been fairly patient with her until today when I about hit my breaking point. Jazlyn has freaked out about everything under the sun today: not wanting to take her antibiotics, as usual, not wanting to walk in the snow, wanting me to wipe her nose {NOW!!}, not wanting me to take her temperature, etc. I told her she'd better shape up or I was going to go on a mommy vacation and she started bawling about that too. Thank heavens for an easy-going baby! Otherwise I would've snapped. Matsen has slept through the night twice now, which is HUGE! However, I still didn't get uninterrupted sleep, thanks to his sister. I've been up more with her at night this past week than him. I'm sure sometime years from now I'll miss having my kids so little and (almost) miss getting up with them at night. But this week that is hard to imagine. Jazlyn's fever finally broke today after a week, so hopefully things will be getting brighter now. I love my kids so much.................Just hoping tomorrow's a better day!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, good luck Kristy! Sick kids are so hard! Thankfully Ella has been healthy since before we left Logan in May, but the sniffles are starting around our house the last few days. Hopefully it doesn't make into something more. Especially with a new baby coming. Hang in there!!

Blogful said...

Feel better soon!

Tiera said...

Sorry you had such a bad week. Toddlers can be so frustrating!

Saratoga Six said...

Darn sickness! Hopefully you both get better soon. Going without sleep is terrible!

jamie t. said...

I am so sorry! I had no idea what a week you'd had until today when we missed you guys so much at our cookies decorating party. I hope that things start looking up. At least it wasn't over Christmas. By next week she'll be back to her adorable and more patient self! Merry Christmas!

Rachel said...

I hope by now she is nodding off to a restful nights sleep- and you too! I'm also sorry family sang to you and I wasn't there to "grace" you with my lovely voice!!! Maisey went through several, several songs she wanted to sing to you guys (she got the idea from The Williams family) but I didn't think she really would- or Chad for that matter! Again, I'm so sorry. I was in the car with Ryley and the "melody" carried my way. Anyway, I hope today was better!

Maren said...

maybe we can take a mommy vacation together!! Sydne has been up more than Ginny this week too. At times like these I'm all for cloning myself. Can't there be someone who gets to sleep and take care of the kiddos? :-) Glad things are better.

bugnose7 said...

Kristy you never miss waking up with kids. I have never once said I wish I had little kids to stay up with in the middle of the night. You just have to endure it.