Friday, August 29, 2008

More Vacations

So life has been crazy still! We went to Utah and Idaho last week for a family reunion. Wes was out of state training for work, so I opted to drive with my parents to the reunion so I wouldn't be a lonely single mom all week. It was lots of fun to see cousins and relatives I haven't seen for quite some time. We took a day trip to Yellowstone, which was fun except for Jazlyn had some major tantrums....oh the joys of parenting!!
Jazlyn really came out of her shell this trip, which was so exciting. She takes awhile to warm up to strangers and new situations. Every time my relatives at the reunion have seen her she's been sick and onrery and no fun to be around, so it was nice for them to see that my daughter really can be fun and sweet. Also, Jazlyn's never been to a nursery at church other than the one in our ward. Well this trip she walked into a nursery in a new ward and didn't look back. I almost passed out with shock! She also made good friends with my cousin's little girl at the reunion (pictured above). They became instant best friends had lots of fun dancing together while my uncle and cousins entertained us on piano, drums, and guitar. On the way back home we got to stop and see my dear friend, Mandie and her cute family. By the way I still need those pictures you took of our daughters!! Jazlyn had fun playing with Maycie and it was crazy that they were once newborns together and now they're three!
Last night we went to the circus for Jazlyn's birthday. It was a lot of fun. Jazlyn was enthralled and especially loved the animals. Matsen was even awake most of the time and was looking around in awe at all of the lights and excited by the noise. Right now we are actually at my parent's house for the weekend to celebrate Jazlyn's birthday with a family party tomorrow. She is eagerly anticipating opening presents and eating cake! Who can blame her? Look for more updates in the hopefully near future!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

sounds like a fun trip. i bet you wish Wes could be there too! it's hard to be a "single mom," isn't it?! i've been there before, and let me tell ya, it's so nice when the job training is all done. hang in there. your kids are adorable. i still wish i could've seen you while you we were both in idaho. your kids are so cute. hopefully, i'll get to see you one of these days!

Rachel said...

I hope Jazlyn has a great birthday celebration today! We will have to "celebrate" when you get home.

Whitney Seaberg said...

Hi Kristy-
I'm so glad you found me!! Your kids are darlin as well. I love all the pics and it's nice to keep updated with you! Keep in touch!
Whit

Caity said...

Sounds fun! Emma is the same way with crowds and new people.

Kaylene said...

It was so nice to see you yesterday! Let's be sure to do it again before another 2 & a half years go by!

Monica said...

Awe, I wish I knew you were coming to Utah! I would have tried to see you and your cute kids! It sounds like you have been busy! I am glad you trip went well!

Marci said...

Hey Kristy! I'm realizing that you created a monster when you told me to create a blog. Check it out if you dare - I didn't have a clue that I could write so much! Marci's blog