One of my most favorite Christmas gifts ever was redeemed in April. Wes' got me a ticket to go have a girls' weekend with some of the best ladies ever, my mom, sisters, and my cousin Misty came up to hang out for a few hours! It was soooo much fun to get away and have a break from all of the day to day mother responsibities, and every day life. As always, it went by so quickly, but I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it!
It was fun to see my parents' new place, it's breathtaking! I also loved some snuggles from my adorable niece and nephew. It was the first time I'd met Tyli, and Zayne has grown up a lot since I've seen him last and has such a fun personality.
These ladies are so great! It's so good for my soul to soak in much needed girl time. Fun side note, while we were there we were at church Sunday and this guy played a special musical number on the piano and I was thinking to myself, "Man, this guy's super good." Lindsey looked at the program and it was Lex de Azevedo playing a hymn medley he'd arranged! We got to meet him after, so that was pretty cool! I also saw one of the Piano Guys at the airport.
While I was gone, my tulips popped open. Aren't they lovely?
Kelston had a sort of sick day towards the end of the school year. He felt better (haha) part way through the day so we ended up doing some science experiments, which he and Shelten loved!
Also, at the end of the school year they do a Mother-kid tea and they have the kids fill out a booklet about their moms and read it to them there. It was adorable to read all of the sweet things he said about me. Definitely a mom pay check for sure!
Jazlyn rocked it this year and got some great awards at the end of the year award ceremony. She's such a fabulous example to her siblings, family and friends!
I thought this was a picturesque moment below. We had a pack meeting doing outdoor cooking at a park. There was a couple off in the distance boxing each other with boxing gloves and this fascinated the boys. I thought it was too funny how they were all lined up spectating.
Jazlyn and I got to go on a mother-daughter campout with lots of other wonderful ladies and their daughters from church. It was a fun get away. I couldn't even remember the last time I'd been camping, maybe 10 years ago? We also figured that it was the first time we'd gone on a little mother daughter get away, hopefully the first of many in years to come. I'm so glad I get to be this sweet girl's mother!
A few weeks ago the park had a free paddle boat rental day, so I took the kids (Wes was volunteering at youth conference). It was a great day for it, perfect weather.
Funny boy!!
I realized looking through photos, that I need to get more pictures of Wes. He's swamped at work and been putting in a lot of hours. We're so grateful for how hard he works to provide for us!
Summer's off to a terrific start. It's been really busy so far, although the best parts are coming up around the corner. Hopefully I'll get them blogged sooner than this was!



















6 comments:
It's always great to see you catch up your blog and read about all the good things happening at your house. You deserved that break away with sisters. Your children are bright and accomplished.
Awesome photos,mom! Glad your girls trip went well. Shelten is super hilarious!
Jazlyn
I LOVE our girl "getaways" too! I wish they could happen more often. I know you have a busy summer and hope all your plans turn out how you envision them too. Glad your ward is doing a Mother/daughter overnighter. Wish we would have had those.
Good luck on all your upcoming events:) Love you
So fun! You guys have such a great family. So jealous of your girl's getaway. We need to do that!
I love trips with the girls! They are the best! I can't believe you saw and heard Lex de Azevedo at your parents' ward. That is so cool! I am glad you are having a good summer!
Girl's trips are so good for the soul! I'm glad our husbands got us such a sweet and thoughtful gift for Christmas. Thanks for being the best sister ever, love you!!!
Post a Comment