Here's the first day of school pictures. I'm still trying to figure out how we have a child who's in middle school now, craziness! She has been making some new friends and likes her teachers and it's gone [mostly] well.
Kelston has the same teacher that Matsen had, whom I requested. She's a very sweet teacher and he's making some new friends and usually liking school, although the early mornings are not his favorite thing!
Matsen is doing well in 3rd grade so far. He's now the oldest kid in our family in the elementary school and I think he enjoys that responsibility.
Shelten is loving the preschool coop that we're doing with four other moms/kids. Every single day he asks if it's preschool day. Twice a week isn't as much as he'd like it to be, but he's my little buddy and has pleasantly turned into quite the helper once all the big kids are at school. That was a happy surprise!
Jazlyn recently had a birthday, one she'd been anticipating for quite awhile, as now she gets to be in the older group of girls at church and is feeling quite grown up. She had a friend birthday party which was a lot of fun. We went swimming, played games, had lunch, and it went great!
She had her first time of going to the temple with Wes and I which was a special experience for us.
Shelten and I have tried to have some fun outings. We went apple picking at this fun orchard that takes you on a little hay ride, minus the hay to the picking location for our neighbors. It's exciting that our boys are finally becoming friends!
Wes and I last minute got tickets to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. It was a great concert. At one point, they walked around the crowd and were only about a couple people away from us.
Jazlyn is becoming quite the hair stylist and loves to try out fancy new braids in my hair. She's getting really good!
Another field trip: We've heard about this huge and beautiful sunflower field for the past couple of years and a friend took us there recently to finally see it. It was really beautiful!














8 comments:
I can't believe how grown up all the kids are! I miss seeing them on a regular basis. Glad Jazlyn is enjoying YW and school. She's such a good big sister! I love the braid she did in your hair. Enjoy having Shelten to yourself, it won't be long and he'll be in school.
Enjoy this sweet season of life. Your children are mostly independent (no diapers and sleepless nights) and your oldest is a responsible and good teen. Hopefully they will continue in this way and be a blessing to you and Wes always. It's so good that we can take our teens to the temple to help arm them against the evil that surrounds them.
I have this dream that some day we will live next door and our kids will be such pals because they are SO STINKIN similar! It's crazy. So fun to hear and see all the good things happening at your house.
I would love to go to a concert with Faith Hill and Tim McGraw concert! I never would have imagined you would ever go to one of their concerts when we were living together. Haha! Funny how things change!
I really can't believe Jazlyn is 12. Time goes so fast.
Love your posts and pictures. It is so nice being able to see the kids and what they are up to and see some of their fun activities. We love and miss you all.
Your kids are growing up so fast!
Crazy how fast all the kids are growing up! Especially Jazlyn, it blows my mind that she is in Young Women's now, I remember very well when she was born and coming to stay with you after you had her :)
Post a Comment