Sunday, August 27, 2017

Big Christmas Surprise

Yes, I know it's much closer to Christmas 2017 than to Christmas 2016, but I guess it's better late than never.
  Last Christmas we decided to all head home for the first time since we've lived here.  Both Wes' and my siblings were all going to be there for Christmas too, so it was too good of a chance to miss.  We didn't tell the kids about the big trip until less than a week before we left and they were VERY surprised!  Jazlyn was so excited she started crying.
  Since this was our first trip home, we wanted to make the most of it.  The kids and I flew out early and were gone for almost two weeks.  We drove down to Portland for a day and visited with old friends.  It was super fun to see friends and reconnect, and drive by our old home, school, and church.  Here's some of the friends who we got to meet up with, a few left before I remembered to take a picture.



We had a great time reconnecting with cousins!



We had to get a cousin shot and as you can see Shelten was not in a good mood at this point, but we needed everyone documented.  Thanks, Alex, for helping him to stay in the picture!


We were so glad that we got to visit and spend time with Oma while we were there.  Wes's parents have been taking care such good care of her.  We had some tender moments.





We had so much fun with all of our cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents all being together.  I also got to meet Jared's fiancée (at the time), Maren now.  We all instantly fell in love with her, especially the kids.  Jared did a fabulous job picking her out!  Unfortuntely, I can't find any pictures with my siblings that we took while we were there, hmmmm...

1 comment:

janc@mac.com said...

Such fun!! Glad you were together with both families. It's great to see you posting again.