Matsen had his 6th birthday!! I can't believe how fast these kids of ours are growing up! I was absolutely terrible at documenting his birthday with pictures. These pictures were actually taken the morning after his birthday when I realized I had no pictures of him with his cake (I did film it though). Thus, his train cake doesn't look as great after it had been covered with ceran wrap and half eatern. But, it tasted great.
There is this awesome place called Kaleidoscope here, ran by Hallmark, that has free craft sessions for kids to come in and make whatever they want with all kinds of random craft supplies. Matsen loves making things, so he picked to go there. We found a fun splash pad to go to afterwards. It turned out to be a really fun day! He also went to a Kansas City Royals baseball game with Dad and Kelston yesterday and had fun.
Some fun things about Matsen:
He adores Jazlyn and always wants to do what she wants to do.
He can play nicely with Kelston, but those two definitely have the most fights
He does an awesome job of making Shelten laugh (cutest thing ever!)
His fine motor skills have always been amazing--building and making things, doing puzzles, etc!
He's super creative and will make up all kinds of unique things, inventions, ideas, etc.
He's a very hard worker and is the best kid about helping when he sees a job that needs to be done, sometimes without you even asking him to!!
He's a very thoughtful and sweet boy and we love having him in our family!!
Shelten loves to swing. The previous owners were kind enough to leave their swing set here, and the kids have been enjoying it! Jazlyn is so helpful to occasionally bring Shelten outside and push him when I'm trying to make dinner or something.
This little guy is entering that exciting but busy time when he's getting into lots of stuff! He's climbing up stairs, opening cupboards and exploring, pulling up to things and cruising around, and of course sticking everything into his mouth. His siblings are all very helpful and protective of him and he adores them! He's also a fabulous eater!! He eats everything--I love it!! Hopefully he stays that way.
Happy summer!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Matsen! I can't believe how fast they grow either!
You are so close to us now!! We need to plan a get together soon!
You 're looking settled into your new home. It's nice to have a big sister to entertain Shelton. Happy birthday to Matsen!
Glad Matsen had such a fun birthday and that he got to go to a Royals game with dad. Shelton is getting so big! I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks. Have fun watching the fireflies tonight.
Happy Birthday!! Looks like it was a good one. Can't believe how fast your kids are growing up
Let the fun begin! Your kids are adorable! I bet they loved seeing Uncle Jacob.
Hi Kristy! It's fun to see your family and what's going on! This summer has been a bit crazy with my little sister getting married but we need to talk again soon!
Post a Comment