Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snowed in....

  For some of you who live in Idaho or Utah, I'm sure it's just another winter day to wake up to snow, but for us west coast people, more than an inch or two of snow is a big deal.  School and church have been cancelled and since we park the van up our extremely steep driveway in the garage, we've been stuck at home for a few days and some of us are getting cabin fever.  The kids have had a ton of fun playing in the snow though and have been pretty good sports about our lack of snow gear.  Just in case you haven't worn tennis shoes in the snow before, just imagine about 0.5 seconds of dry socks. 

Our neighbors apparently have some mad snow sculpting skills.  This picture doesn't give it justice, but this bunny looks so cool!  We had some other neighbors share their sleds with us as well.  The kids had so much fun sledding for the first time!


  Jazlyn had the same primary teacher at church for the past two years, until this past January.  She is amazing and they have a special bond.  She took Jazlyn and the other girl that was in her class out for a luncheon and her friend's mom fixed their hair up all cute.  She had soooo much fun!!  It's so wonderful to have other great adult figures in your children's lives.  She's getting so grown up and as beautiful as ever!!


  Jazlyn also had another dance recital recently and did awesome as always.


Some of the boys before church a few weeks ago, minus Kelston who was having a ROUGH morning and did NOT want to join in the picture.


 
  Kelston only naps about once a week now, and even then I have to go wake him up so he's not up until 10:00.  This particular day I tried to wake him up and got him out of bed, and left the room thinking he'd continue waking up the rest of the way shortly.  However, when I checked on him a bit later, he was just continuing his nap in the standing position.  Funny boy!
 


One non-school night Kelston convinced Jazlyn to sleep in the bottom bunk with him.  I had no expectation that she would actually stay there, I thought for sure she'd get back in her bed in less than 5 minutes, but amazingly she stayed there the whole night.



Oh my boys......aren't they handsome?  For all of you moms out there with boys back to back please inspire me with how you're doing it.  Any discipline tips besides time-outs and withholding privileges that have worked???  I like natural consequences but some are hard to correlate, like general fit throwing, annoying each other just to get a rise out of the other one, etc. 



The highlight of the week, month, etc. was Wes and I went to The Piano Guys concert!  It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!  I highly recommend it!  They are so talented. 





7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like the kids are loving the snow! I can't even remember what our yard looks like without it! ha ha! Glad you and Wes got to go and see the piano guys, that would be a really cool concert! Too bad you missed the couples retreat this weekend due to snow:(

NicoleD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NicoleD said...

We had snow last week for the first time in 3 years. The kids totally had to rock their all-stars and jeans while they played in it. They lasted longer than I thought they would! :)

Lisa said...

I love that picture of kelston fighting his nap.
I love listening to the piano guys, Im sure they give a great concert.

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Maybe Jazlyn will let me buy her snow boots now??? I love the picture of Kelsten sleeping standing up.
I guess the only advice I have with 3 little boys is pray for patience. It seems like what discipline works for one doesn't the other. Oh, the joys of being a mom! Keep up the good work. Love you

janc@mac.com said...

This was fun to see your kids doing special things -- dance and hair-dos, and normal things -- falling asleep while standing up. Daniel was always tired from trying to keep up with the teenagers at our house. We have several pictures of him face-planted at the dinner table. I wish I could help you solve the "normal" boy antics at your house. Just try and stay ahead of them with distracting activities but.....good luck. Love you all.

Crystal said...

We went to the Piano Guys last year and loved it! They put on a great show and I listen to their CD all the time. About disciplining...I have absolutely no idea. If you get any good suggestions, let me know.