Just have to record for memory's sake my morning....Jazlyn's finally started taking swimming lessons. I've put it off and my kids haven't had much time/experience in the water, because it's overwhelming to take 3 little ones who are a little weery in the water swimming. So I finally signed Jazlyn up and she's doing great, considering how scared she's been of water in the past. Fortunately the lessons are only 30 min. because I have to stay there the whole time (since she's under 7--that's the rule) and the boys are not at a good age to sit there and watch, and don't want to have anything to do with any entertainment I bring for them.
Usually I bring a snack with for them, but today I left it in the car, and of course couldn't go back out and get it. Matsen was dramatically acting like he had not eaten in days. He threw a huge fit from the second we sat down on the bleachers about how starving he was. Finally I'd had it and stuck him in a time out on the wall behind the bleachers and told him to calm down for a little bit. As he's sitting there screaming a guy sitting on the bleachers keeps looking alternately at me and then Matsen with this look on his face like, "Can't you control your kid? Why don't you make him stop screaming?" If my expression had words it would have said, "If you have any tricks to get him to stop screaming, then be my guest and help me out here!" Finally he calmed down and then the first blessing happened: I found a granola bar in my bag I had forgotten about. That did the trick for Matsen and he calmed right down. So we went to sit back down at the bleachers.
I have been so vigilant about Kelston since we've been at swimming because the bleachers (pretty much the only place to sit) is a only a mere couple of feet from the pool that is 5 ft. or more deep. I turned my back on him for a couple of seconds and thought he was following right behind me to our seat, when the guy in front of me points behind me and Kelston had fallen all the way into the 5 ft. deep part!!! Talk about a heart stopper. I was .5 seconds from jumping in when the top of his little head bobbed right up to the top so I was able to grab his arm and lift him out. Scared me half to death! He was of course sad, but really calmed down very quickly. I guess he had taken a couple of steps backwards and fell straight in. It cracked me up though because for atleast an hour or so after the incident, every few seconds Kelston would say," 'ez deep, mamma" over and over again in a serious voice. I think he's learned his lesson about staying away from the deep part. I've been saying prayers of thanks all day that that guy was watching and that Kelston was ok.
18 comments:
Mom told me about this last night! I'm so glad Kelston is ok! I'm sure that totally freaked you out!!! It would have me too!!!
Okay, so did you know the SHARC (I'm assuming this is where your're going) has child care? When Eli had swim lessons there I put Lilly in the kiddie care place. She loved it, and I got to sit in peace and read a book for 30 min. Lilly was always horrible if I brought her to sit by the pool with me, so I feel your pain. Put those kiddos, or at least on of them, in the kiddie care place!
Oh man. I am glad that guy was watching although I know you would have looked for your little duckling soon, you never know.
Oh, I hate when scary things happen to my kids! Glad he's okay though, and doesn't seem TOO traumatized by it.
You need to sign Matsen up for lessons at the same time. It is much easier letting the lifeguards deal with him.
oops that was lisa that left the last comment, I am on my moms account
Glad to hear everything is ok! That is a scary experience! I loved looking at your new family pics and reading about your kids' birthdays. They are so grown up!!!
I am so glad to hear he was okay. I nearly drowned three times as a child and I still remember the fear of water it created in me for years. Now I swim regularly and love it. Hopefully Kelston will want to learn to swim in the future.
That is one of the most frightening experiences. So glad everything is okay.
So grateful all is well.
This is crazy. I didn't think this word recognition was working.
That is so scary! IT takes me back to my lifeguarding days. Little kids get in over their heads a lot. I am so glad you were able to get to him.
Scary! Glad he is okay.
Wow! I think my heart would have stopped. I'm glad it all turned out well.
I'm glad he was alright. I have had a few close calls with my kids in water and still makes me sick when I think about those close calls!
The joys of parenting!! All of us can relate to those scary experiences & say prayers of "thank-you". Glad it turned out O.K. I'm glad the kids are getting some lessons. Love you, Mom
Scary! I would have freaked out! Having three little ones to take care of is very hard!
Post a Comment