Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Together forever!


A week ago, the much anticipated event that my family and I had been looking forward to for awhile happened: my younger (I can't say little anymore) brother Jared returned home from his mission in Nicaragua.  It's funny when I tell people who I'd told about him going on his mission 2 years ago that he's coming home, they'd say "Already?--has it been 2 years?"  But for me it seemed like quite a while since Jared just missed Kelston's birth by a month or two, and he's almost 2 now.  We'd shown him pictures of Uncle Jared, so he actually didn't frown at Jared or push him away, which is surprising for any of you who know Kelston.  Jared didn't know that my sister Lindsey and her little boy Tytyn were coming too.  They showed up in the airport after we'd been there for awhile. 


One of the highlights of the past week was going to the Portland temple with my parents, husband and all 3 of my siblings.  It was the first time we'd been with all of us together and it was a wonderful experience!  I'm so grateful that because of the temple, I can be with my family forever!



Here's me and my siblings.  Hard to believe I'm the oldest, since I look kind of small compared to my "little" brothers.  We realized it was the first time the four of us had been together for 2.5 years and my youngest brother Jacob leaves for his mission next month, so it will be 2 more years until we're altogether again. 


My mom, as always, takes the best pictures.  Loved these shots of the kids!  Kelston thoroughly enjoyed the smoothie made by Uncle Jacob!



Lindsey and Tytyn were able to stay at our house for a few days and it was so much fun having sisterly bonding time together.  I wish she lived much closer!!  It was fun to see the cousins having so much fun together too.  Jazlyn thought she was Tytyn's second mom, and he thought she was too.  I'm so glad I have a sister and that we have so much fun together.  It was sad saying good-bye!!



Isn't my little nephew adorable?


One of the kids's favorite parts of the week was going on tractor rides with Papa.  Kelston even surprised me by wanting to go.  He's becoming braver every day!  It helps that he loves his Papa!


This was such an awesome week!  I feel so blessed to have been born into a family with amazing parents that have taught my siblings and I well and then to be able to have an incredible family now with Wes and our three beautiful children!  It was fun to reminisce with my parents and siblings about growing up and watch home videos together.  I laughed more and harder than I can recall for a looong time!  I'd forgotten how funny Jared is.  It was great to see how much he'd matured and grown through the experiences on his mission and to hear about the people he'd met and how their lives had been changed through the message of the gospel.

10 comments:

Caity said...

Sounds like a wonderful week!

Kaylene said...

So fun! It's nice to see pictures of everyone all grown up...and weird, since I remember Jacob as a preschooler! (my nephew Jared just graduated from MHS last weekend!) Glad to see you all got to spend some time together...funny how we take that for granted when our siblings' bedrooms are right down the hall, and then one day everyone lives miles apart.

Lindsey said...

You made me cry again dang it! It was so fun to hang out with you and the kids all week! I wish we lived closer too! It was a really special week and went by way too fast! Love you sissy!

Rachel said...

Wow, how neat. I just love hearing about your family because your parents did such a great job, as you mention, raising you guys. We need to get together soon, I have 3 more weeks off.

Russ Larsen said...

We LOVED having everyone here! I wish the time would go a little slower when we're together. Thanks for making the effort to come up!
Love you, Mom

Adrianna said...

Such cute pictures! Families are the best- it's always nice to "go home" when everyone is there and it's almost like old times again, huh? I miss old times... :)

Lisa said...

Awesome!

Crystal said...

I am happy for you. It's crazy to see your family all big and grown up and you look so small!

Monica said...

Family time is awesome. My youngest brother is on his mission too. Plus with ten kids spread across four States it has been a long time since we have all been together!

My younger sister has been in town too. We have had some great bonding time with our kids and eachother. I will be sad when she goes.

Melissa said...

It's so fun when a sibling returns home...after all that time! It was fun reading your past entries...I've been a blogger slacker lately. So happy to know you guys are doing good! You guys should take a little vacation down to SoCal one of these days...just an idea!