Hopefully I haven't lost any of the few followers I have. Everything on my to do list has seemed to come before posting on my blog lately. And this is only a small portion of what I could be posting. But alas, here's August for you, and the last few days of July:
Our "baby" Shelten turned 2!! How this happened, I'm not quite sure. He is obsessed with every kind of transportation, so we made him the train cake, a popular one for the boys in our family. He loved it. So much so, that a couple of months after his birthday, any time any one mentions the word "birthday," he immediately assumes that it's his birthday and asks for his birthday cake. He is speaking in full sentences and cracks us up all the time with the funny things he comes up with. We love this guy soooo much!!!
Last month we went to San Diego for my brothers wedding (keep scrolling down for that). Wes' brother, Ryan lives there also, we spent a day with him and his girls at Legoland. We had a BLAST!! Shelten loved it even more than we anticipated. We had just as much fun there as Disneyland. Shelten still talks about Legoland and how he wants to go there again.
Jazlyn and her cousin Morgan had a lot of fun together.
Shelten also became buds with Kendall. So did I!
This was Shelten's favorite ride. He cried when we took him off of this airplane.
You can't tell these two are brother's can you? (wink, wink)
One day we went to the Midland carrier with my family and the beach and had a great time.
And finally, the wedding! Somehow these pictures didn't get on in order, but most of the reception photos are at the beginning with the wedding ones below.
These are not in order, but at the end of our picture taking, we realized we hadn't taken one of all the grandkids, so I tried to snag one, but they were done by this point.
Don't Jacob and Janette make a stunning couple? I'm glad I got to finally meet her. They are so happy together and we are so thrilled for them!
I'm loving this family picture my mom took!!
The reception didn't get over until midnight the time zone we're used to, so to say the kids were tired by the end was putting it mildly. All things considered though, they did really well and had a great time!
We got home after 11 pm from our trip and the kids started school the next morning. (They actually missed the first 3 days). It was quite a whirlwind, but so glad we could go.
And then we've had two more birthdays in our summer-of-birthdays.
We can't forget to mention this wonderful hard working and supportive husband and father we are so blessed to have. Thanks for putting up with all of us!
And our sweet Jazlyn is now in the double digits!! She is growing up soooo quickly! She had a fabulous birthday. She was elated to receive 3 cards in the mail from some special friends in Oregon. This was especially sweet since she misses them a lot!
Thanks for catching up with us. Hopefully more to come soon!



















10 comments:
Lots of great memories!! I still can't believe Jazlyn is 10 years old. I remember coming to Boise when she was born and she was so little and beautiful. She's just about a YW now:) Families are the greatest & time spent together is priceless. So glad we were able to all be together again.
It's fun to look back and see your month of activities. We really enjoyed getting better acquainted with you children. Too bad you live so far away. It's great for keeping your immediate family close and terrible for keeping your extended family close. You're a great mother and wife.
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. We love them all. I am so glad Jazlyn and Morgan got to spend some time together. You all had a great time and created lots of good memories. All our love.
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. We love them all. I am so glad Jazlyn and Morgan got to spend some time together. You all had a great time and created lots of good memories. All our love.
I wondered what had happened to you! I love all the pictures. The wedding looked beautiful! I wish I could have been there!
You and I are blogging the same way lately. One month at a time.
That looks like a wonderful trip and the wedding looks amazing!
I am so glad you did August. I love see the pictures of the wedding. I feel bad we were not there. Your family is growing up. I love your family picture as well.
Wow! Where do I start. Thanks so much for posting. Your kids are growing like weeds. There were so many great pictures in this post. You have your Christmas Card picture for sure!
Hey Kristy, super long time-no see. It was fun to catch up a little with you and your darling growing family. Looks like summer was very full and memorable. I;m so glad you are making all the effort to do family trips and expeditions, even though it's crazy and long drives sometimes. You will always be grateful for the pictures and memories. Anyway, fun to stop by your blog,
Love, Anny
Such a fun trip!!! I'm so glad we were able to hang out for a few days and that are kids could reconnect! Looks like everyone had wonderful birthdays! Love you so much!
Post a Comment