Monday, June 22, 2015

Birthday, Father's Day and other summer fun


  This post is a mish mash of what we've been up to lately.  I love this first picture of my little boys playing outside.  I love and cherish those precious when they are all playing together nicely and being buddies!!!  Here they are checking out a bunch of ants they found.




The kids have been doing swimming lessons the past few weeks and making lots of progress!!  Jazlyn can swim clear across the pool by herself and tread water for a minute!  Matsen can now float for a few seconds on his front and back, so exciting to see their progress.


 I neglected to get a picture of Jazlyn with Wes, but they went on a double daddy daughter date to the Royals game with the next door neighbor and had a lot of fun.  Her friend's dad even bought them these cute matching shirts.  Jazlyn loves any opportunity to be matchy with a girl (those opportunities don't come very often for her!)





  We got to celebrate Matsen's 7th birthday recently!  I can't believe how tall and big he seems lately!  He got a new set of scriptures and the past couple nights has read a whole page (with some help on the big words), but still doing really awesome!  




Here he his with his birthday gifts, he was so excited about all of his presents.  Thanks, grandmas and grandpas for the fun gifts too!




  He picked an ice cream cake, which we all enjoyed.  Can you tell Shelten was loving it too?  He wanted to make sure he didn't miss a drop!



  And last, but definitely not least, I have to give a shout out for Father's Day to the important fathers in my life.  Thanks, Wes for being an awesome father to our children.  Every year you become an even better father than the year before!  Thanks for providing for us and supporting us in all that we do and being a fabulous role model to our children.  I love you!



  And since I'm a slacker, and pretty sure I didn't post anything for Mother's Day, I wanted to give a shout out to my awesome parents who are the best mother and father I could have asked for!!  Thanks for teaching me, making me try new foods when I was little, putting up with my tantrums as a toddler, and still loving me when I had an attitude as a teenager.  I feel so blessed to have the best family members!  And thanks also to my in-laws who are supportive and kind to us as well.  We love you all!


6 comments:

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Glad to see a new post and hear about some of your summer fun. I can't believe Matsen will be baptized next year & that's so awesome he is reading the Book of Mormon. I love the pictures of Shelten licking every drop of that cake:)
Wes is a great help with the kids….good job Wes!!

bugnose7 said...

Family is the best.

Crystal said...

David will be turning seven soon and it has surprised me how much he has grown as well. How did our little boys get so big?

janc@mac.com said...

It's great to see your updates. Loved the picture of Shelton licking that plate clean. Your kids are so cute and growing too fast.

Lisa said...

Fun summer!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday to Matsen, he is getting so big, I remember when he was born! It seems like not that long ago:( I loved that picture of Shelten licking the plate clean, what a cutie! I'm glad Jazlyn has made such a good friend there.